There’s not long left of the school holidays – but by now a lot of us can be running low on ideas to keep the little ones entertained! That’s where we come in. Being that we are the preferred transport provider for many school vacation programs we thought we would put together this list of places we visit that might be suitable to help you stop the chorus of “I’m booooored!”
1) Landsdale farm
• Open 7 days a week 9am-3pm
• $6 per person
• Animals including parrots, ducks, chickens, geese, goats, rabbits, sheep, ponies, cows, alpacas, turkeys, donkeys and pigs.
• Horse and Cart rides for fee of $1 per person
• Animals free to roam around enclosure
• Playground which is enclosed in sunshade
• Grassed area for a picnic and bbqs provided
• Café with decent prices often sell cheap eggs from their chickens
• Gnome trail, aim is to find all the gnomes that are listed on a provided sheet
• Vegetable, Herb and Orchard garden
2) Kidsland Indoor play centre
• Open 7 days for school holidays
• Mon- Fri 9.30am to 3pm
Sat – Sun 10am to 4pm
• Slides, rock climbing castle, ball pit, free video games, disco room, toddlers area up to 2yrs
• Café with food and drink options
• Street parking available
3) The Mezz Playground (Mount Hawthorn)
• Located at TheMezz shopping centre
• Grass area, playground and family friendly restaurant (The Peasants table) with outdoor seating area
• Herb and vegetable garden
4) Perth Zoo
• Home to 1,200 species of animals
• Book daily eye-to-eye encounters
• School Holiday Trail (Who Am I):
• Find four mystery animals for chance to win annual family membership (2 adults & 2 children) values at $258 (unlimited visits to Perth zoo)
• Trail with clues in this weekends Sunday time or available on entry at zoo.
5) Bounce Inc – Cannington
• 9am- 9pm/ 11pm fri and sat
• minimum age 3
• 1 hour session
• General: first session $17 for jumpers over 110cm
• Junior: first session $11 3 years and under 110cm
• Bounce is a spring-loaded urban playground, a fantasyland for free jumping and all that’s made possible when hard surfaces are replaced with circus-grade sponge
6) Jungle Gym – Willetton
• $14 per child
• Gymnastics facility for 5yrs to 12 yrs
• 2x two-hours sessions daily from 11am – 1pm, 1pm- 3pm
• Fully supervised by qualified instructors
• Gladiator style circuit
• Children participate in a warm up then broken up into groups depending on age ability.
• Groups kept constantly on the move through obstacle courses.
• Huge Inflatable Slides, Beams, Bars & Rings, Indoor Playground, Mini, Tumbling & Slant Trampolines, Tarzan Ropes, Foam-Filled Pits, Foam Padded Flooring, and more!
• Bookings essential
7) Adventure World
• Over 30 unique attractions including water rides, water slides and thrill rides. The medieval-themed ‘Dragon’s Kingdom’ with 6 rides, swimming pools & water slides
• Aqua splash zone dedicated to the youngest adventurers.
• Kahuna Falls is one of Australia’s largest rain fortresses boasting a 1000 litre tipping bucket and over 100 interactive water-play features.
• Recent addition Abyss 12 Million dollar rollercoaster
• Open 10am to 5pm everyday of the school holidays
• Children 4 years and under enter free
*offers and pricing correct at time of article