Rightio, so it’s a new year and your birthday is on the horizon. We know all too well that you won’t be jet setting off on a new overseas adventure to celebrate anytime soon, so a night on the town seems like a really plausible idea. But where to start? There are so many great bars in Perth that it can be overwhelming creating a shortlist. A really easy approach to this is creating a bus route so all your guests can stay together between venues. This is especially important if you are, for example, having sunset drinks in Scarborough, followed by a night out in Northbridge. We thought we would help you along this journey by outlining some of Perth’s most popular party bus routes.
The Swan Valley Party Bus Route
Starting off strong, the Swan Valley region provides the perfect party bus route for your upcoming celebration. It has everything from wineries and breweries to gin distilleries, dairy farms and boozy activities. The potential itinerary below:
- Stop 1: a possible option here is to select a few wineries to start your day off (use this guide to help you out with that one).
- Stop 2: Swan Valley Gin Company (you can organise a tasting menu or a tour depending on how much time you have up your sleeve).
- Stop 3: Old Young’s Gin Distillery (if you are a massive gin fan, why not make two stops along the way)?
- Stop 4: possibly a boozy activity? Super golf is our pick for this one. You and your mates will be able to compete for the lowest score while trying to navigate a fun-filled nine-hole course.
- Stop 5: finish it all off at Oakover Grounds for a chilled wine-down complete with an open lake, endless supply of local wines and a huge terrace to accommodate your group.
Fremantle Party Bus Route
Fremantle has an abundance of new bars, nightclubs, and unique group experiences set to transform your birthday for those south of the river. We’re talking about a brand new gin bar showcasing top international and domestic distillers, awesome views at Bathers Beach house and iconic institutions such as Little Creatures. A possible party bus itinerary could include:
- Stop 1: Little Creatures will provide the perfect spot to all meet together and commence proceedings in a converted warehouse complete with so many beers to pick from and great share platters.
- Stop 2: a trip to South Fremantle along South Street will transport you and your friends to a whole new eating precinct. Our favourites in South Freo include La Cabana (for the best fish taco in Perth) or Madalinas for those seriously into international drops and the new and ever-so-popular orange wine variety.
- Stop 3: heading back into the main drag, Bathers Beach House is perched perfectly on the coast. You can organise a table in the top section with uninterrupted views. We recommend this one for sunset.
- Stop 4: from here, the next logical step is gin. Where better to taste some of the best in town then the new bar Republic Gin. These guys know a thing or two about liquor, and we seriously can’t go past the Bianco Negroni.
Northern Perth Beaches Party Bus Route
Okay, so if you are really just wanting to capitalise on one of Australia’s best coastlines, a party bus route through the northern beaches is your answer. Combining sand and sea with some solid bars is the way to go. A recommended party bus route is below:
- Stop 1: to start the day, we recommend staying north and working down. Mullaloo Beach Hotel or Drift Kitchen are two options and can be the perfect meeting locations. The best bit is there are plenty of shaded areas if things get too hot to handle.
- Stop 2: from here, take a trip down West Coast Highway all the way to City Beach, where Odyssea awaits. We recommend booking an outside section here. Pimms and Aperol are their go-to.
- Stop 3: heading back up the coast, Scarborough is the logical next step and is a great addition for those looking to start partying. Here, there are a plethora of options including El Grotto, Sand Bar and the big hitter – the Lookout. Due to how busy Scarborough gets on the weekend, we really recommend booking a section at the above venues!
Northbridge & Perth City Party Bus Route
Rounding out the list of possible party bus routes is Northbridge and the Perth CBD area. Of course, you could always combine the below with say a Scarborough route, too. Our favourite combination of bars is below:
- Stop 1: as always, a solid meeting spot is essential. We recommend The Standard, as it has an industrial feel, is large in size and serves some pretty special cocktails.
- Stop 2: moving on from the Standard, the top of William Street now is producing some very solid wine bars. The newly launched Wines of While and Vincent Wine are hot to trot, complete with group sized charcuterie boards and highly sought-after organic wines.
- Stop 3: from the top of William Street, it’s only a small hop, step and a jump across the horseshoe bridge to the CBD. Here, Murray Street has your answers with Wolf Lane producing a highly concentrated volume of small bars. Cheeky Sparrow is a good one to target, but any in this laneway will deliver the goods!
- Stop 4: rounding out the night, Amplifier Bar is a late-night option for a big night and is only a short walk from Shafto. Here you can experience live music into the wee hours of the morning.
These four main routes are the most popular choices we’ve seen, and we hope they help you plan your next birthday or celebration. As always, the routes above can be easily combined to create the ultimate party bus route.