2019 has been a big year for Horizons West with the successful launch of our first app in partnership with Curtin University. We’ve also been working hard on getting new bus decals across our fleet but the biggest news so far is the announcement of our merger with Westwide Bus and Coach Charter. We formally joined forces with this iconic brand on Monday 8 July 2019! This will increase our number of vehicles on the road, giving you more availability when making your next booking with us. Read on so you’re up to date on what to expect.
What This Merger Means For Westwide
After 30 years of solid commitment in building the Westwide brand into what it is today – the Owner and Director – Joe Guippa is taking a step back to enjoy the fruits of his hard labour. This means that from 8 July 2019, the keys will be handed over to the team at Horizons West. We’ll be taking good care of the reputation our close friend Joe has built over his tenure in the passenger transport industry.
What This Merger Means For Horizons West
At Horizons West we are really looking forward to this new opportunity. As a result of this merger, our fleet will increase in numbers with an additional 40 buses and coaches joining the lineup. This will include the following:
- Seat belted air-conditioned coaches that can seat from 45 to 61 people
- Articulated buses seating from 66 to 81 people
- Large standard rigid buses seating from 31 to 51 people
- Air conditioned coaster buses seating 24 people
Each bus will be adequately insured, too. Including:
- Critical Incident Management Procedures
- Public Liability Insurance Cover
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance Cover
- Motor Vehicle Fleet Insurance Cover
We’ll also be welcoming in the Westwide sales and service teams with open arms and working together closely under the one roof in our Welshpool head office. More people on the ground will mean we can continue to remain as Perth’s leader in bus and coach transportation services.
What This Means For You
The Horizons West and Westwide businesses are almost identical, in the sense that we share core company values and service culture that has seen both businesses flourish over 30 plus years. We commit to maintaining, if not improving, the service quality from both Horizons West and Westwide. When the keys are handed over on July 8th 2019 you can expect to see the following small changes:
- QUOTING: if you request a quote online using the Westwide website or call the Westwide contact number, your query will be handled by the same customer services personnel that you’ve always spoken to. Whether you’re a Horizons West or Westwide customer, you’ll receive the same friendly and flexible service you always have.
- BRANDING: Westwide has a brand new website! This much-deserved website refresh will make it easier for you to request an online reservation or apply for a job if you are a driver. Head to the new website here.
- AVAILABILITY: this partnership will mean there is more buses on the road and even more availability for you to pick from. It’s now easier than ever to secure your transport for your next event.
From all of the team at Horizons West we would like to wish Joe Guippa good luck with his future ventures. We are committed to promoting the reputation that Westwide has built over the past 30 year and will continue to catapult the brand into a successful future.